Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Retirement Party

Yesterday afternoon was my dad's retirement party.



It was really nice. The weather, however, was not.



It poured rain and thundered, but everyone still had a great time. By around seven o'clock, the rain stopped and a beautiful rainbow appeared!



We all went geocaching for a "special" geocache that Emily and Cary hid for my dad. It was a lot of fun.



It was so neat to see how well liked my dad was (and is) at work. He was given several awards and certificates and many gifts, it was really impressive. You can definitely tell how much everyone is going to miss him.



The weirdest thing happened, too! There was a woman there who I thought looked extremely familiar. When I heard someone call her "Gina," I suddenly thought, "I think that's Cheryl's cousin!" After gaining my courage and going over to her with my mom, we asked if she knew Cheryl Main. She looked at me, screamed, and hugged me. Turns out she's known my dad for years! At first, she asked how I "knew Sandy." When I said I was his daughter, she was even more shocked and my mom told her, "...and I'm the other mother!" Gina commented more than once how happy she was that they were "the great parents" that raised me and how it's just so much better when you find out that not only were they great parents but that she really knew my dad and what he was like, so it was just even more amazing.

Cool, huh?

Rod took a zillion pictures with our new camera (as you could probably tell by now). It was nice to meet everyone my dad worked with, especially Cary who threw the party and really looked up to my dad.



All around, it was a nice evening! We're so proud of Mr. P! (:

No comments: