Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One room down

Looong day today. I worked from eight to twelve thirty, then rushed over to New London to volunteer from one to four thirty. When I came home, Rod was putting the curtains back up in the dining room. These are the curtains that the sellers left on the windows when they moved out. They're not terrible, but they're not the ones I would have chosen. They go okay with the room, though.

Here are some pictures I took of the dining room, the one room we have finished for now (in the future we'll be replacing the dining chairs, table, and the light on the ceiling):



Here's a sneak peak at the kitchen...it's not finished yet, so I don't want to show everything, but here's my favorite part: the breakfast bar/butcher's block/center island!



I also hung a bunch of pictures around the house now that the painting is done in all of the rooms except the study, guest room and living room. The place is really coming together! We're having my godparents (two of them at least, I have three) over to see the place finally and have a glass of wine on Sunday early evening when Rod gets out of bed. My parents are coming also; my mom hasn't seen the house since Joe's been finished painting.

I cannot wait to get a Nikon or Canon SLR so I can take really nice photos. D90 would be best, but they all take great pictures and I'm not too picky. They're so expensive, though, I'll be saving up for a while.

Early to bed again tonight, up at the crack of dawn for work tomorrow. Then I work for Armand (flooring co. owner) again on Friday morning, and volunteer again that afternoon. I think Cheryl has some benefit on Friday she wants me to go to for her cousin who's sick in the hospital, but I haven't heard anything about it in a couple of weeks so I'm not sure if I'm still going.. We'll see!

No comments: