Wednesday, April 29, 2009

23 years ago today...




...I met my parents for the first time! :)

Today is my "adoption day" or "gotcha day" depending on what you want to call it. On April 29, 1986, my parents picked me up from Catholic Charities in Norwich, CT and drove me home, hiccupping all the way while stuck in traffic on the New London Bridge.


We always celebrate this day as being just as important as my birthday. Although it's very exciting that I have lived for over 23 years, it's equally exciting that I have had the family and the life I've had for 23 years now, too! :)

This year, my birthday and adoption day are especially special because last year at this time, I didn't know my biological family yet, and now I do!

While I was at work today, Rod surprised me with lunch and a very sweet card, as he always does, and tonight we're going to dinner with my parents in Middletown. Should be fun! :)

No comments: