Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Journaling

Ironically, I was just looking for a blank notebook in our bookshelves to use to keep track of my Isagenix program and weight loss, and I found a journal from when I was twelve years old! I tended to start a lot of them, write one - MAYBE two - entries, and then that was it.

This journal I found is small and bright pink (I mean bright). The front has "journal" printed on it inside a little cartoon chat bubble. The first page looks similar to the following, with 'My Journal' in bubble letters:

my
JOURNAL

Annie P******
began on: December 13, 1998
ended on:


The next page says:

Introduction
This page is just to tell about myself. My full name is Anne Constance P******. Don't worry - everyone calls me plain Annie. I am about 5 feet 4 or 5 inches tall. I think I weight something around 115 pounds. I have thick blonde hair to my shoulders and dark blue eyes. I have glasses and braces, but that will change soon. I'm getting my braces off and I'm getting contacts next year. I'm also getting my ears pierced soon hopefully. I'm also growing out my bangs. I am really healthy. I barely ever get sick.

That's all. The next page is the beginning of a pretty pathetic note to my then-boyfriend Jeff that I will spare you the details of.

Isn't that really bizarre? At a time when I'm feeling extremely overweight and unhealthy, I stumble upon that journal entry while looking for something to record my current goals and achievements in! How crazy?

Oh, and on the following page (which happens to be the last page I wrote on) it has a checklist with the following:

- John Winthrop break up end 8
- Williams
- Go to college
- Become author and actress
- Meet Jeff again end of college 21
- Fall in love again
- Move to Essex CT by the river
- Propose on 2/14/ and gets married

Interesting! Worked out much better than that. As it turns out, Jeff and I were NOT compatible. We did break up after 9 months (a long time for a 7th grader) and he was in love with me until the end of 8th grade at least. We stayed friends, and when I was at Eckerd College in FL for a semester, he came to visit me and it turns out we cannot get along, at all. We are totally different people. Needless to say, I am glad my plan didn't work out.

Here's what the updated and completed checklist would look like:

- John Winthrop break up end 7
- Williams
- Meet Josh, date for 2 1/2 years
- Break up end 12 beginning of college
- Semester of college
- Become nanny and secretary
- Meet Roddy again end of semester at college
- Move to Virginia Beach
- Get engaged
- Get married 8/2/08
- Move back to CT (kind of by the river, but not in Essex)
- Start going to school online for Psychology
- Work for psychiatric APRN

...and the rest we'll just have to see! :) I would still like to become an author, no matter what. Right now I have a couple of ideas and many more stories started and never finished...

I have a long weekend right now because my boss is spending a night at Mohegan Sun with her mother. Rod and I are going to our aquarium dealer later to try to find a small stand for our quarantine tank. We have two places we really love right now... one is called Noreast Wet Pets in Vernon, and the other is Fin & Feather in Groton. Both have excellent, knowledgeable customer service and great supplies.

Joe is putting the lattice up on our deck this week and then putting stone pavers at the bottom of the steps. Our deck is coming along! I can't wait to have patio furniture out there (Rod's birthday's coming up...we're all going to pitch in for an outdoor furniture collection, I think)!

Today is a Cleanse Day for me with the Isagenix. I might just use this blog as a journal. I've been back on track with the program for about a week now, and I decided I'd make Tuesdays my Cleanse Day this time. Last time, before our two trips, I was doing really well with the program and had lost about 10 lbs., but then plateaued because of our vacations where I didn't bring the products with me and just ate whatever was available or served to me. At least I didn't gain any weight (I don't think), but I certainly didn't lose any.

Wish me luck!

No comments: