Friday, July 27, 2007

The Pilot



I realized today that I forgot to formally introduce us... so... welcome to our life!

We're twenty-two and twenty-one years old, living in Virginia Beach with our dogs, Koko and Bear. We've been together about a year and a half, but have known each other pretty much our entire lives.

Our parents lived next door to each other in the quaint little town of Chester, Connecticut, and throughout most of elementary school we caught the school bus together every morning. When we were maybe seven or eight years old, Rod's mom - Sharon - started dropping Roddy off at our house in the morning before school so she could bring his brother Daniel to daycare. Rod and I would eat breakfast, climb trees, play games, and wait for the bus at the end of the driveway.

(He swears we would play 'Cops and Robbers,' but I have no memory of this. Still, I clearly remember convincing him to play 'Barbies' with me, and he claims this never happened, so who will ever know?)

A couple years later, Rod, his mom and his brother moved across town, and we didn't really see much of each other after that, except in school, which didn't involve any dialogue or interaction apart from brief passings in the hallway.

It wasn't until December of 2005 that we met up again and started dating. I'd recently left college in Florida (living at a college was not for me) and he'd been stationed in Virginia Beach with the Navy for two years already. He came home on leave for 10 days, and by the time he left, we were already in love. A month later, I moved to Virginia to live with him, and we've been here ever since!

Now, Rod's in the process of getting out of the Navy and beginning a Law Enforcement career. He starts the Norfolk Police Academy in mid-September. I'm taking a class here and there, still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life... working as a Pharmacy Technician for right now.

I tend to change my mind about anything and everything, all the time.

As of July 7th (07/07/07), we're living in a new apartment at Runaway Bay. It's great, we love it, and we've been working on it ever since, getting new furniture and entertainment and supplies... decorations come next.

Today is a pretty slow day for us. Rod got out of work early, as he has been since he's been checking out of the Navy, and I have the day off. I'm sure Roddy will be fiddling with the new TV and entertainment stand for the rest of the afternoon. I'm about to head over to the clubhouse to take advantage of the gym and tanning bed.

Be sure to keep coming back to stay updated updated! Enjoy. (:

No comments: