Sunday, September 2, 2007

Missing Family

It's Labor Day weekend... the last weekend of the summer. ): We've been spending most of it outside, at the beach, and today we're going to take advantage of the pool since it closes after Monday. We saw Vertical Horizon at the strip last night with Stacey, and went to Smokey Bones with her, Lee and Brett the night before. We saw "Superbad" yesterday with them plus Kaley and Billy. It was really stupid but hilarious, of course.

Right now we're being bums until around lunch time, then we'll probably head over to the pool with a picnic or something. Roddy's on the phone with Grams and Pop. Trudy and the family are there and we wish we were there, too! We hate being so far away from our families.

Aside from that, everything's going great. Rod has another interview on the 5th for the Academy, and my work is going great. Rod's been enjoying his last month before he starts working again. He's gotten kind of bored at the house by himself, I think... I don't know why he doesn't go out and see friends more... he says because he's on vacation and doesn't need to see anyone. He's gotten a lot done as far as errands and chores and things he's wanted to do, though, so that's good.

The dogs are doing well, too (just thought I'd throw them in there).

We saw Ray last night. He came over on Friday while I was at work and he and Rod went to the pool together and then to a movie, but I missed him so we decided to stop by his apartment last night. He misses us and we miss him, but we're still glad to have our own place. I really missed him in general, along with his little quirks like not letting me leave his room until I'd helped him pick out a complete outfit for the club.

There are fireworks tonight at the beach. That should be fun. I haven't seen Steph and Jay in a long time and it was her twenty-first birthday on the 29th, so I really need to get together with her... not to mention we have to discuss what's going on with me decorating for her wedding (which is in THIRTEEN days and I still haven't picked out and gotten a dress).

Well, not much else to tell....

No comments: