Monday, August 11, 2008

Heidi's speech

Thought I'd share the speech Heidi made at our wedding, since she accidentally left the hard copy in Rod's pocket so I have it right here. (:


"Hi everyone, I'm Heidi and I just want to say a few words about two of my best friends, the bride and groom. Don't they look great?

Annie has been a great friend in so many ways. We've had a lot of fun together, and will continue to do so for many years to come. She has always been there for me when times were tough. Whether it be 3 in the morning or afternoon, she remained a loyal friend to me. She was there like no one else has been.

Fun times, ohhh yes, there were many. How can we forget our late nights watching neverending episodes of FRIENDS, or our endless list of nicknames. "Annerson" is still my all-time favorite and will always be my name for you, Annie, as I'm sure you will call me Heiderson. We have come to know each other so well that we have an understanding that goes way beyond words, almost like sisters.

Rod, you have come to be just as close and dear to me as Annie. You are truly one of a kind. You are so generous and understanding of everyone you meet. I will always remember our dinner nights and the fun we would have tormenting my husband, Sean. We may not have known each other long, but I feel as though you're family.

When Rod proposed, Annie didn't even really have to say much to make it clear that he was The One. All the signs were there...the special looks, the way she would light up when he was around or when she spoke of him, even before I physically met Rod after a long deployment. It all seemed like a fairytale. It felt right as it was happening, and it all feels right today, and I know that the life they have ahead of them will feel just as right.

You two...I can see the both of you succeeding in everything you do together, in this new chapter of your life. I know you have the foundation for a wonderful, eternal marriage made up of not just lovers, but lifelong friends.

I hope that your road in life is a smooth one. Good luck to the both of you in your new journey. Thank you for bringing so much joy into our lives and I hope there is plenty in yours for many years to come.

I'd like to offer a toast to Mr. and Mrs. C... May your life be truly blessed."

No comments: