Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

So, a few updates...

The other night, Rod and Daniel went to a Patriots-Colts game. I had bought them tickets maybe 6 months ago and the game was on the Sunday the 21st. They left at 12pm and the game was supposed to start at 4:15pm. They called me at 2pm to say that they'd just gotten to the stadium and realized they forgot the tickets! So, I had to drive ALL the way to Foxboro and got there about five minutes before the game started. It was either that or they drove home and missed the game altogether, or they went in and tried to buy tickets and then the $500 I spent on the original tickets would be for nothing.

Right now I'm sitting here doing this because I'm waiting for my clothes to dry. I put them in at least an hour ago to wash and did a "quick wash" which, according to our washer, is 33 minutes, but really it's about 45. Then I put them in the dryer and checked them a minute ago and they're still wet. I was supposed to be at my parents' house right now. They said between 3 and 3:30, and it's exactly 3 right now. So, hopefully I can leave soon! Because I'm going Black Friday shopping with my friend H tonight, I have to leave my parents' house at 8:30. So it's not like I'll be there very long anyway.

Rod's grandfather was in the hospital for a hip replacement about a week ago and he's doing great. The surgery went very smoothly and his recovery was just as smooth. He'd been in a nursing home type facility for the last few days and today Daniel picked him up and is bringing him to his house and then to my parents' house.

Last night, I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready and I heard Rod get on the phone with someone. By his tone of voice, I figured it must be his brother. All I could tell was they were discussing what was going on for Thanksgiving, and I suddenly felt the need to run in there and tell him something about what to wear over to my parents' house... I grabbed the phone and said:

"Hey, love muffin!" (I thought this would make him laugh.)

Well, it would have been nice... IF IT HAD BEEN HIM ON THE PHONE. I heard chuckling on the other end - it was Rod's grandfather.

Luckily, he's an understanding guy. But I felt like a weirdo for a few hours.

Anyway, we'll be taking lots of pictures tonight, hopefully. If my clothes ever dry so I can leave.

No comments: