Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Update

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing SO MUCH BETTER! Thanks to all of you - friends and family - who have cared and supported me, checked up on me and been helpful and there for me. I want you all to know how much I appreciate you and love you. Those who have been most helpful have been Rod and my parents, Stacey, Heidi, Ray, Mark, Candi and Nick, Gran, my godmother Renee, various family members and family friends.

During these times, as I've noticed and as my mom and therapist have pointed out... all of you have helped me realize who my true friends are. Whether people are nervous, don't understand the situation, or are busy, those of you who have looked past all of that and checked up on me and been available to me when I needed you have really showed me how much you truly care and how true of friends you are. I sure hope you know I would be there just as much for all of you. The ones I expected to understand the least surprised me and showed they wanted to learn and even a few who didn't, at least sent me their wishes often. All of this has meant a lot to me and helped me get through this hard time ten times faster than I normally would. I'm not "out of the woods" quite yet, but I have improved big, BIG time.

I'm back in Connecticut now with my parents for a little while (they had to go back to work sometime and I still need them a bit right now) and I'm going to be spending a lot of time with my Gran, helping her clean out drawers and things. I love her so much and we have such good times together, laughing and doing crossword puzzles. The woman is amazing to me with how much she's been through yet how much she still is able to do and does.

This weekend we're going to Martha's Vineyard for a night to get away, close the cottage for the winter, and my parents are taking me to the Black Dog (my favorite restaurant in the world) for dinner Friday night. Roddy will be flying up either this weekend or next to pick me up and we'll be driving home together! We're both pretty miserable missing each other, but it's been nice in Conn. with family and friends and have a change of scenery and work on getting better. I can't wait to move back up here - soon! Maybe March of '08. I'll miss everyone in Virginia but will be visiting all the time and getting you up here to visit whenever possible, too! (:

No comments: