Thursday, February 17, 2011

Endicott!

When I was applying to colleges out of high school, I applied to 10 and got into 8. Endicott was one of the colleges I was accepted to, and was high on my list but decided to go to Eckerd instead. I went to visit Endicott with Daniel a few months ago (he applied also but doesn't really have much interest in going there, I don't think) and fell in love with it. Not only that, but I found out they have an online Psychology degree! So, I started thinking about transferring because Endicott feels better to me than Ashford. Ashford is fine... and I chose it because it has a physical campus as well as having online degrees... but, really, it is mainly known as an online university. Endicott is mainly known as a private campus college.

So, I applied, just to see if I could get in again. Tonight, my mom called me saying that there was a big packet from Endicott at their house addressed to me. Not sure why, since I'm sure I gave them my address, but obviously because I'd applied in the past they sent it to the address I lived at then.

Anyway, to the news... I GOT IN! I asked my mom to open it while we were on the phone together and she started reading the, "We are pleased to inform you..." (or something similar). Now, I'm trying not to get too excited because I don't know how many of my 80+ credits will transfer. If fewer than 70 transfer, I doubt I'll do it because I don't want to have wasted that money spent on those courses that won't transfer. So, crossing my fingers and we'll see!

It'd be nice to just go to Massachusetts for graduation instead of Clinton, Iowa. :p Rod will stay at Ashford, but he refuses to go participate in his graduation so I decided I'd just throw him a graduation party and get him a gown and hat when the time comes. But I'd like to go to my graduation, I think.

So, please send vibes that my credits transfer!!! I'd love to be an Endicott alum. :)

No comments: