Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Bumping the wedding up cont'd

I received many e-mails about bumping the wedding up. For those who think six or seven months is short notice... I don't understand. I know it takes MUCH more time than I can imagine to plan and finalize and schedule... along with a lot of stress... but, truthfully, I'd rather do it in a shorter (half a year) amount of time than a drawn-out year and a half, which is almost the amount of time Rod and I have been living together.

I don't know. I'm getting the feeling that it's not a horrible idea because although I've been broadcasting the idea of two summers from now, I haven't sent out invitations or even a "save the date" magnet!

Haha.

We all, especially me, know how much I change my mind, so prepare for A LOT of it in this particular occasion, because I don't know about a lot of other people in the world, but I only plan to be a bride once. I want to warn you all that if you're not prepared for changes and excitement and stress, then let me know you don't want to be involved.

Otherwise, get ready because no matter how much I change my mind, the truth is that I will be doing more work myself than most brides usually do, and I will make this as fun and relaxing as possible for all those who are happy to be a part of this with me.

I read somewhere most people's weddings occur in about six to nine months after their engagements. Either way, the decision is ultimately Rod's, mine and our parents' as they will be helping a lot, I'm sure, and I will let you know what we decide! I do honestly appreciate your input, though, too!

No comments: