Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wedding singers/bands

I'm pretty excited right now. Things are coming along and constantly changing with wedding plans, as I'm sure you all expected... right now I'm thinking the wedding is going to be on Martha's Vineyard, meaning it will be slightly smaller, but who knows?

I've been focusing on bands for the wedding, and e-mailed a few different MV local bands, along with Paula Cole and Carly Simon. In case you were unaware, Paula Cole is the artist who sang the theme song to Dawson's Creek ("I Don't Wanna Wait") along with "Sunny Came Home" and "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone." Carly Simon is James Taylor's ex-wife, and she sings "You're So Vain," "Blackbird," and "Nobody Does It Better." I also e-mailed Carly Simon's son, James Taylor's brother who sings on MV all the time, and the Rembrandts, who sang the theme song to F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

I've recently received responses from the Rembrandts and Paula Cole. If I can make prices come down on all the other parts of the wedding, like if we have the ceremony and reception at the cottage or South Beach, we can definitely afford one of these bands! (:

No comments: