Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Bumping the wedding up

We're undergoing a bit of a dilemma right now. We may want to move the wedding up... a year... I'd LOVE to get married on Friday, August 8, 2008... it'd be 08/08/08. Stupid reason to want to get married on a certain day, but oh well. Also, that would give us two days of transition between our wedding and our honeymoon, and I wouldn't have to wait so long for the big day to come.

The only problem I can see is taking time off of work. I will only be at my job for six months at that time, and Roddy will only be four months into his job (after the Academy). I'm sure people would understand us taking off a couple weeks for our wedding and honeymoon, but who knows?

Would we move in July after our lease was up? Or would we go back to Virginia Beach and stay until a year after Rod graduates? I want to move soon. I can't stand being here. That's a lie. I can stand it because I love my friends, but I just don't like Virginia Beach anymore. The traffic, the crowds, the craziness and the crime... the only good thing is the beach, and we don't even go there much anymore now that we live on the other side of the city.

Anyway, we decided we'd each think about it for the next few days and then talk and make a decision by next week. If we do decide to bump the wedding up to this summer, I'm going to have the bridesmaids fitted and the dresses ordered in the next couple of months (alternations will be made two weeks before the wedding, so don't worry girls!).

I'm just so darn excited. I know a year and a half would allow plenty of time for planning and money-saving, but at the same time, isn't seven months enough, anyway? (:

No comments: