Thursday, January 24, 2008

Date night

On Roddy's way home from work tonight, he asked me what I wanted to do for dinner, and I could tell in his voice that he already had an idea. So, I asked him and he suggested he take me on a date.

We haven't gone on a real date in what feels like forever, so I was really excited. We got kinda dressed up and went to Olive Garden and ordered VERY yummy food, and there was all sorts of door-holding and hand-holding, all things that we do all the time but don't seem old when we're on a date.

It was so nice. I told him I appreciated having a man like him because even though we're engaged and he knows he has me forever, he still wants to do nice things for me like this. And of course, he said, "It will always be this way."

Then, we came home and watched "Meet the Robinsons" which Rod has been excited about for a while, haha. It was cute, and kinda hit home to me, not only because of the adoption thing, but because the kid had all these confusions and dreams and nothing in the movie was politics, it was all faith and lessons, which has been new and big for me lately.

All in all a special night. (:

No comments: