Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sleep talking, episodes 1 and 2

I want this blog post to be about Roddy's sleep-talking. That's right. He falls asleep between 9:30 and 10:00 every "school night." I used to lie in bed with him for about an hour and a half and then if I wasn't tired, I'd go back out to the living room for a couple hours. Well, lately I've been bringing my computer in the bedroom and getting on it in bed after Rod falls asleep. The other night, while I was messaging Heidi, he started mumbling something in his sleep. This happens often, and I rarely remember to write down what he says, so that's why I want to do it now. And here, to share it with all of you! (:

Most of the time, the mumbling starts with him jolting or turning over and saying something, probably because he slowly starts to wake up just a tiny bit as he moves or something.

Now, the other night, he jolted slightly and said, "Should I go?"

I said, "Go where?"

And he said, "The group."

I asked, "What group?"

And he responded with, "The DSS group..." or something like that, followed by muttering I couldn't make out.

I said, "What's that?"

And he said, "The group!!!"

I said, "What does it do?"

And he said, "We jump in and..." then a bunch of things I didn't hear.

And I said, "Am I there?"

And he goes, "Of course, that's what I'm going for."

I said, "For me? Why?"

And he said, "Because you don't have a map or anything."

At this point, I was really amused, but didn't know if he knew it was me or if my voice was becoming someone else's in his dream, so I asked, "What's my name?"

And he said, "What? Annie. What the hell's the matter with you?"

It was great. A few seconds later, he rolls over and says, "Why'd you ask me that?" and I said, "Because you were talking in your sleep." He denied it. "No I was not." He seemed to be waking up for the most part. I asked what the DSS Group was, and he said he had no idea.

THEN, a few minutes ago, he mumbled something I couldn't understand, so I asked him, "What?"

He responded with, "Finally, a picture with them."

I said, "Of who?"

And he said, "The soldiers."

I asked, "What soldiers?"

And he said, "The ones stealing our Christmas decorations."

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I love this boy... SO much. He's hilarious, even while unconscious.

My dreams are just as weird, but it's great to hear someone else's through their own words while they're actually occurring. (:

No comments: