Monday, January 21, 2008

I want out of this city!

We just got home from Connecticut. We had a tiring weekend... getting there yesterday at three o'clock in the morning (dropping Isabella off at my parents' house to catch a plane back to Austria because she did come stay with us for a few days - it was so nice and fun to see her!), waking up a few hours later to get ready for the memorial service for Rod's Grammie, going to different ceremonies and spending time with family, having appointments with and checking out wedding locations, then passing out and getting up this morning to drive back here since I have to work tomorrow.

To top it all off, about fifty miles before we got to the apartment, Roddy had to pee REALLY, REALLY BADLY... but refused to stop because he figured he could hold it in for an hour... and of course, we ended up stopping two streets away from Runaway Bay because of what looked like an accident up ahead. Turned out to be a road block with several police officers checking licenses and registration. Apparently, they were looking for someone... checking EVERYONE going down Virginia Beach Blvd.

Drives me crazy.

Not only that, but as soon as we got off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, we saw lights from ambulances and police cars and fire trucks because there was something going on at some gas station off of Independence Blvd. Geez... I can't wait to move back to New England!

But I'm happy to be here with people I love and a job I am SO thrilled about, and can definitely make the best of it for the next year and a half. Or at least, try. (:

The job is at our State Farm agent's office as a part-time secretary. I feel very comfortable there, so it will be good.

No comments: