Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Update

Today I went to a bridal shop that had Alfred Angelo dresses, and I narrowed down my choices A LOT. It's so weird, if you've ever gone and actually seen bridal gowns up close and personal, they're SO different than when you look at them in pictures. The fabric is THICK and huge, it's ridiculous.

I've decided to stick with something simple and thin, long, and nothing with spaghetti straps... either strapless or halters are the way to go for me, I think. Tomorrow Steph and I are going to go to some more stores and look at more gowns. I've pretty much decided on the colors for the bridesmaids, but only have one definite dress picked out (and that will probably change).

For now, Roddy's refusing to turn on the heat (even though it SNOWED slightly today, can you believe it?) so I'm sitting on the couch with two sweatshirts, my heaviest sweatpants, slippers, and a blanket. I tried to start a fire today, but since I'd never done so before, I neglected to open the damper and nearly smoked myself out of the apartment. Not good. Roddy tried to start a fire when he got home, but the wood we got from a guy at his school is still too wet and won't catch on fire yet.

Oh well.

I just wish Rod wouldn't worry so much about a few extra dollars for heat one night. I woke up this morning and he'd turned on EVERY LIGHT in the apartment so that maybe it would warm up a little that way... haha... I love him, I can't help it. (:

Now he's making dinner (steak Dan brought us from his restaurant at Christmastime) with mashed potatoes and green beans, and Heidi's coming over to enjoy it with us and watch some TV or a movie.

No comments: